The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough, and/or high temperature
- high temperature
- altered or lost sense of taste and/or smell
For most people, COVID-19 will be a mild infection
Please postpone your dental appointment if you have the above symptoms or your household is in self-isolation due to another having symptoms. Please seek
further information from the NHS Coronavirus website and self-isolate following NHS guidance.
If you have no internet access, you should call
NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
Like the common cold, coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with a person with novel coronavirus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person
can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands. Everyone is reminded to follow Public Health England advice:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, expecially after using public transportation. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
NHS England and NHS Improvement, 18 February 2020 and 18 September 2020.
NHS Overview - Coronavirus
government uses both local and national Covid-19 alert levels to inform decisions and to explain the level of disease risk to the public.
Monday 4th Jan 2021 the UK government announced England would enter a National Lockdown on Tuesday 5th January for an undetermined period. Wedgwood House Dental
Practice, like all dental practices practicing Covid-19 safe operating procedures will remain open for all urgent and non-urgent
dental and hygiene appointments.
Sources: National lockdown, JBC , www.gov.uk/coronavirus,