If you have symptoms of Coronavirus or are self-isolating because your household is in
self-isolation, do not attend your appointment. Call the practice straightaway on 01449 771 700 to rebook for a later date. We will prescribe AAA services where appropriate or refer you to an
Urgent Dental Care centre if in pain.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough, and/or high temperature
- high temperature
- altered or lost sense of taste and/or smell
For most people, COVID-19 will be a mild infection
Please postpone your dental appointment if you have the above symptoms or your household is in self-isolation due to another having symptoms. Please seek
further information from the NHS Coronavirus website and self-isolate following NHS guidance.
If you have no internet access, you should call
NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
Like the common cold, coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with a person with novel coronavirus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person
can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands. Everyone is reminded to follow Public Health England advice:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, expecially after using public transportation. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
NHS England and NHS Improvement, 18/02/2020, 18/09/2020.
NHS Overview - Coronavirus, 5/11/2021.
government uses both local and national Covid-19 alert levels to inform decisions and to explain the level of disease risk to the public. For background see here and the current UK gov dashboard.
Wedgwood House Dental Practice, like all dental practices practicing Covid-19 safe operating procedures are currently open for all
urgent and non-urgent dental and hygiene appointments.
Sources: National lockdown, JBC , www.gov.uk/coronavirus,